Open Government Material
The Board of Ethics and Government Accountability/Office of Open Government is committed to a transparent, open form of government. District agency websites are required to make certain records available online to the public, if those records exist. In cases where these records exist but are not yet available online, agencies are working to provide them as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact the FOIA Officer.
- Public Employee Salary Information (Please note that this is the complete listing of District employees. Agency designation is located in column two.)
- P Card Purchases
- District-wide and agency FOIA Reports
- BEGA's FY18 Budget (begins on page A-259, pp. 312-320 of the document)
- Lobbyist Records
- Public Financial Disclosure Forms
- BEGA’s Organizational Chart [PDF]
- Final opinions and orders made in the adjudication of cases
- Statements of policy, interpretations of policy, and rules adopted by the agency
- Minutes of public meetings
- Frequently Requested Public Records
- Submit Feedback, using Ask the Director
If you cannot find the information you are looking for here or elsewhere on DC.gov you can submit a FOIA request online via the DC government Public FOIA Portal. Requests may also be submitted by mail, fax, or email. However, please note that FOIA requests submitted online will be easier to track and process.
To understand the process before making a request, please see foia.dc.gov.
An administrative appeal is submitted to the Mayor. An administrative appeal may be submitted online via the DC government Public FOIA Portal. An appeal may also be submitted by mail or email. The appeal must include a copy of the original request as well as a copy of the public body's written denial letter issued to you, if any. In addition, the appeal must include a written statement of the arguments, circumstances, or reasons in support of the information sought by your request. The appeal letter must include "Freedom of Information Act Appeal" or "FOIA Appeal" in the subject line of the letter as well as marked on the outside of the envelope. You may direct a written appeal to:
Mayor’s Office of Legal Counsel
1350 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
A copy of the appeal must be provided to the public body whose denial you are appealing. The appeal must be addressed to the public body’s FOIA Officer.
The FOIA Officers are the principal contact point within the Executive Office of the Mayor for advice and policy guidance on matters pertaining to the administration of the FOIA. All requests are handled professionally and expeditiously. The Executive Office of the Mayor’s FOIA Officers' information is listed below.
Niquelle Allen, Esq.
Office of Open Government
Board of Ethics and Government Accountability
441 4th Street NW, Suite 540
Washington, DC 20001
Phone: (202) 481-3411